Tuesday 30 June 2015

Farewell Marines Des Cogolin, St Tropez

On the 22 June, having being splashed, I washed the boat as it would appear that a flock of burrds had decided to turn my boat into their outhouse. Carlos had come out to spend a few days with me, he arrived at 22h30 and was kind to buy dinner on the first night.  On the Tuesday I installed some fans in the aft cabins and 12V sockets and USB chargers. Carlos went off exploring not paying any attention to the heat or water. The following day he was a bit the worse for wear. On the Wed did a quick provisioning run and we were off..  We motored to just outside St Tropez.

Nick from Marseilles - we clipped another boat's line (40kts of x wind will make any docking attempt a challenge)


Back in the water

This is a racing sled (note retractable prop)
 I took this picture in the marina on the second night.


My little boat, next to a *BIG* sailboat (Magic Carpet)
At anchor outside St Tropez harbour.


Farewell St Tropez
We sailed out on 25 June, the wind initially was nice and steady 4 knots, it then took a break and I had to motor. After another 30 minutes of motoring, the wind picked up a bit and it started blowing 4-5 knots, I put my sails out (no reefs) and we were promptly going at a nice 4-5 knots. The wind picked up a little bit more to 7-8 knots and then we were truly moving - 8-9 knots, which is nice. On that night, we anchored SE of Juan les Pins.
At anchor on the 25 June

No comments:

Post a Comment