Saturday 11 July 2015

Rome

I set off this am, after a good night rest, the forecast was supposed to be a wind from the SW, which would be nice for me as I had to go ESE. That forecast was not right.. I put the sails up twice and both times the wind laughed at me and died and changed directions... So in the end I decided to whip up the slave and off to Rome! Flying Fyn was staying in at the Darsena Traiana, on the Fiumicino canal and had booked me a place. I confirmed the depths and things looked, good, I motored up to the canal, turned into the harbour at dead slow speed, the depth alarm started doing it's thing (I have set it at 3m as I draw 2.3), I kept an eye on it and proceeded. At 2m the boat didn't want to budge, so I put it in reverse and tried a bit further down, same result..  There were some guys on the dock urging me to put more power as I *COULD* do it. I disagreed and left to go round the corner to Porto Touristico di Roma. This is where I am writing this. I will be heading out to Rome for a quick 1 day trip and then onwards.. 
Farewell Riva di Traiano 
Not sure what his is, but the phone does it's own thing occasionally..

Into the canal for a berth...

This place has not standards! 


Docked and flying the colours

No comments:

Post a Comment