Sunday 26 July 2015

Vibo Valentia

Still at Vibo, doing some minor maintenance on boat and mostly on hard drive, with the majority of my movies - for some reason the files are gone.. The disk still shows full, but no joy, so been spending the better part of yesterday recovering, what I can, almost done.. Tomorrow, I'll head off.

Update - I didn't head out - I ended up spending 3 days recovering my movies - still about 200 disappeared in the ether.... I did spend he time installing my music and movie player and ironing out some of the kinks.

At Marine Des Cogolin, I got Monaco Marine o do some gelcoat repair on my transom, as the boat was out the water. I was initially quoted 300 OORO - when he actual bill was presented - 600.. I was a bit stunned to  say the least. I brought the discrepancy to their attention and they graciously made the price 500.. Sill not entirely happy, but, it needed to get done. The repair looked good. About two weeks ago I while swimming I noticed that the repairs done were not done properly, jut looked as though they put a bit of putty and pained it..  So today, having a bit of spare time, I decided to fix the thing properly(well better than hey had done - to do it properly the boat would need to be out the water.. So here are he pictures of the rubbish repair
Note the crack
 After removing some gelcoat and sanding (I really could have removed more under the transom, but I couldn't get low enough)
Sanded and removed bad gelcoat and rotten bits
 After three layers of gelcoat and some sanding....
This is what I was expecting from the outset
   With all the maintenance out of the way, a meal a movie and tomorrow, we are back to the high seas.. I have emailed Monaco Marine to get them to explain the repairs done - will update with their comments

No comments:

Post a Comment