Saturday 9 April 2016

Whistle Stop Toronto tour 3-6 March and boat Prep

I arrived at Colin and Sabrina's place at 0300 on Monday morning - it felt weird, the bed didnt' move or make funny sounds and it was quiet - how odd! I got up at 0800 and set off to the passport office to apply for a new passport..  The first person I spoke to wasn't very hopeful that I could get the passport as the one I had was damaged... Fortunately, I the person issuing the passport was extremely helpful and assured me that I would have my passport the following day..  Having gotten work out the way, was time to catch up - I had a coffee with Allan, it was great to catch up. Next to look for charts or cruising guides for the Bahamas.. Then home for lunch. AT 1200, I was summoned to the Bull and some time with Sheldon.. As 1700 drew on, more and more people showed up, it was really great see you all. The firs person to show was Bill (was really great to see you) who was extremely well behaved and had to leave early.

To everyone that showed up, was great to see you guys, I'll be back shortly, just have to work my way north..

Wednesday morning, came round waaaaay to quickly. I set off at 0400 and was back on the boat by 1400. I did laundry later in the day and cleaned the aft cabins and heads.

Thursday, I got a car as I needed to get filters to service the engine - what a mishun!  I finally lucked out on Friday morning, with the Volvo Penta dealer, having all but the fuel pre-filter..  I had no oher option other than to buy a whole new one, a Racor..  At least now I can easily check for water in the fuel and filters are pretty abundant..  Later on Friday I adjusted the valve clearances ( they hadn't been done) and the clearances were out. By the end of the day, the slave had new oil and filters and was purring, like new... I also paid a diver to scrape the hull as I was loosing 1kt due to a dirty belly...

Today, I fitted a propane tank - the small Ooropee'in ones aren't used here...   After cleaning the saloon and my Cabin, we are now ready for the next stage..  Just need to fill up with Diesel..

12 April

After spending some time here, it is time to move on, the boat is ready and the skipper too.  While at this marina met Jim & Ellie, Peter and Wendy and Torstein, Michelle and Matts - Nordic Belle II arrived on Sunday..  I will be starting off tomorrow and Nordic Belle will catch up with me in a couple of days and then we cross over to Turks and Caicos...

I'll try to update in the meantime, but only expect to once I am in the Bahamas or Turks and Caicos..


2 comments:

  1. Hello dear guys,

    The area and neighborhood is the most important thing to consider when building a laundromat business.The best laundromats in Toronto are as hard to find as a missing sock. There are thousands of them in the city, and most are destined to ruin your clothes sooner or later (probably sooner). But laundromats force us into the uneasy choice of convenience over quality, so we take our chances with unreliable washers and unclean dryers simply because we can walk over to the place in our pyjamas.Read more at-:Toronto laundromat services


    Thanks and welcome
    Sharmin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow its a great surprise!!.....What A present serprise for all. please read attentively.After building a laundromat service, all you have to do is keep the machinery running, correct any problems, maintain a spotless area, and collect your money from the machines. Owning and operating a laundromat service is is somewhat easy to do, but the difficulty is in selecting the proper location and not over-paying for a laundromat.Read more at- Coin laundry in toronto

    ReplyDelete