Friday 13 May 2016

Nassau

2 May

The plan was to get as far as the White and Yellow banks, depending on the sea anchor and set off the next day.. The wind was coming off the aft quarter, a broad reach to run and I was making good speed..  By about 3, the wind started dying down, so had to resort to slave power.. By the time I got to my intended gonogo place, it was going on 1500 and it wasn't the calmest of places to anchor, so I decided to push on, next anchorage point was south of Rose island..  By the time I was approaching Rose Island, the sea was pretty choppy and it was now dark.  That area had a number of shallow spots and I did not fancy discovering them in the dark.

I got to the south side of Rose Island and it was choppy as hell - after two failed attempts at setting the anchor, I tried closer to shore, aware that it shoaled pretty quickly and with no moon to show how close I was, I managed to set the anchor. After a night of a *LOT* of rocking and rolling, I weighed anchor and decided to go to the north side of Rose Island - night and day... I had breakfast and decided I would go to Nassau as I was under the impression that Amanda would arrive on Thurs..

On my way to the Marina, I decided to fill up and was loosely assisted by the rudest individual, who disapproved of how I was attempting to dock and after tying up one line, he went back to drinking his beer. I filled up and went on to Nassau yacht haven..
Another awesome sunrise

Some nice houses on Paradise Island

Nassau Yacht Haven

No comments:

Post a Comment