Sunday 24 May 2015

La Ciotat to Ile de Porquerolles

With a good nights rest, we set off the weather forecast was calling for 3-4 Beaufort scale, blowing from the west.. Raised anchor and set off, hoisted my main, put out the genoa (2 reefs this time, getting cheeky), rigged my preventer and waited for the wind...  It never got the memo. After 3-4NM under way, there was a hint of wind and so I killed the engine and was tearing along at 3kts.. After about 30 mins of this I stowed my genoa and motored..
Good Morning from La Ciotat

Farewell Grand Plage, La Ciotat

Where's the wind?

Flying Fyn smoking me while I was sailing(kind of)

DOH!
 We were just about to enter the gulf of Toulon, when Flying Fyn stopped.. The had slipped a fanbelt for the engine cooling. We had to wait first, for the motor to cool down so Mike could get at the alternator and then a quick fix..  The forecast for the swells was for 0.5-1.5m -*WRRRRRONG*..  They were a hefty 2m, poor Mike all the while was down below working on the engine. After about 2 hrs, we were off again. The rest of the trip was uneventful..
Arriving at Porquerolles
 We anchored on the right with the other boats. Anchoring this time took me 3 attempts, first time I was too close, to Flying Fyn, and it did not set(sea weed), 2nd attempt, right distance, wrong bit of floor. A kind crew memeber of a big yatch, came aboard and spotted where to drop the anchor, with his help I was done and ready for the night...

Ready for the night..
Mike and Michelle came to pick me up and we went ashore. They then told me what happened.. We walked over to the marina/town and had tapas and some wine. We all agreed this place is awesome and we will spend a day walking around.. After a good night rest, I got the baker out of bed to make me some fresh bread bread.


No comments:

Post a Comment