Sunday 7 June 2015

Porquerolles to St Tropez

We left Porquerolles on Monday and the weather forecast turned out to be wrong. There was very little wind and the direction was out was well. Instead of a SW, we had a SE, so course had to be altered to look for the  wind. I managed to find some wind and we were off. Flying Fyn was initially struggling to find wind, but we got going. As the winds were below 10 all the way I decided to host my main to 1 reef and Genoa to 2. Immediately speeds went from 3-4, up to 5- 7, the winds were only 8kts. We were unable to make Saint Tropez so we anchored  in a small bay. It was full of jellyfish but looked quite pretty.
Anchored for the night Cap Tailat

On the Tuesday we completed our hop to Saint Tropez. The wind stated pretty well, but soon lost interest. I went down below to take GPS reading, by the time I came back up I was facing 90 degrees of course, with the wind having gone from 6kts to 3kts. After about a hour of this nonsense, I stowed the sails and motored to Saint Tropez. Immediately we noticed a couple of personal cruise liners.. One of them even had it's own slide.. We anchored at the far end of the gulf and decided to take a few days off as the winds were forecast to be marginal.


Entering the Gluf of Saint Tropez - Personal Cruise liners




Note slide on side of blue boat (I have to get me one of those)
On Flying Fyn, planning the next few days
Sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment